Job opportunity at Zen Computers:
Technical Support Assistant – applications welcome.
Zen is a small but fast growing business, and we are now looking to add to our team.
Below is a list of the main duties our team members carry out. Experience in any of these areas is preferred, although not required. What we are looking for, someone who can work as part of a small team, and can bring enthusiasm to their work, be willing to learn and work hard.
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities :
*Customer facing business – dealing with business and non-business customers on a daily basis
*PC/MAC/LAPTOP Hardware repairs.
*Software support and fixing. Including MS Windows, Office and Sharepoint. Also Apple and Google services.
*Website design and maintenance – WordPress.
*Sales and Support – a working knowledge of computers and IT equipment to help facilitate sales
This is a full time position, that will also include training opportunities. There is a possibility for flexible working hours for the right candidate.
Predominantly at our main workshop in Glastonbury, but also in Wells and onsite with clients when required.
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have 2 years or more experience in a similar role.
- Customer facing role – good customer service essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player but able to take initiative and complete projects alone if required
- Grounded and broad understanding of IT concepts and systems; specifically OS troubleshooting, networking, fault finding, macOS and Apple hardware, Google Apps for business and O365 suites.
- Board level troubleshooting and electrical repair
- High level understanding of SaaS; AWS, O365; GAPPS, Azure
- Windows Server 2012, 16. Active Directory, DNS.
- PHP, Java, WordPress Design
- Photoshop and Adobe Suite knowledge
- TCP/IP stack troubleshooting and cross platform network diagnostic skills and experience
Own transport would be great, however not essential.
Any experience or skills detailed above would be helpful to your application, although training will be provided to the right applicant.
Negotiable – depending on experience.
We’re a small business with two shop fronts; Wells and Glastonbury. Glastonbury is base to back office IT services, web design etc. There are currently six employees spread over our two sites. We sell refurbished Macs and PCs (mainly laptops) to the public from the shops and do much of the refurbishing in-house. Zen currently has over 25 website customers and increasing business support contracts with businesses and schools in the Somerset area.
If you think you have what it takes and want to come to the shop for an informal chat about the roll, please drop us a line via this site’s contact form. We look forward to hearing from you.
Zen Computers Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.