If you’re in need of a USB installer for Mojave and you’re comfortable with command line on your Mac, here is a quick how to to get your Mojave USB created in minutes.
- Download Mojave in the App Store. The installer will download to the /Applications directory on your Mac.
- Find a USB stick with at least 16GB of space and nothing important (everything will be wiped from the USB stick)
- Now plug your USB stick into a free USB port and open the terminal
- Type ls /Volumes to find out the name of the USB stick
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/16 –nointeraction && say Mojave Drive Created – Thank you Zen!
- When you press enter and type your password, your new Mojave USB installer will take shape. It can take up to 10 minutes…
You’ll see something like this:
and you’re done!
Note that the USB drive in this example was /Volumes/16 – yours will be /Volumes/YourUSBName whatever that is. Make sure to edit the above command to reflect the name of your USB stick. I’ve made /Volume/16 bold in the above code which is the bit you need to change.